Garlic warms and detoxifies the body, supports digestion, lactation and the immune system, but only if it is well cooked. Making a big batch of garlic chutney makes it really easy to add a teaspoon to every meal.
- 4 Tbs ghee, divided
- 1/2 cup peeled garlic
- 1/2 cup dessicated coconut
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp salt
1) Heat half the ghee on medium heat and add the garlic cloves. Fry for about four minutes.
2) When it has cooled, grind the garlic along with the rest of the ingredients in a blender to a fine paste. You can add a little oil for ease in grinding if needed.
3) Heat the rest of the ghee and add the ground paste and fry on a low heat for about 12 minutes.
4) When the garlic is well cooked and the moisture has evaporated you can keep in a sealed glass jar in the fridge.
Adapted from Aparna Khanolkar, A Mother's Blessing
For more traditional postpartum recipes check out my book Nourishing Newborn Mother - Ayurvedic recipes to heal your mind, body and soul after childbirth. Buy it now or click here for more info.
Ayurvedic recipes to heal your mind, body and soul after childbirth.