Most people have not even heard of a postnatal doula, but once I explain what I do they say "I wishknew about you when my baby was born!" Here are some of the RESEARCHED benefits of having a doula, according to Doulas of North America.
- Mothers with doulas experience lower rates postnatal depression.
- Mothers with doulas find breastfeeding easier.
- Mothers with doulas report greater satisfaction, and have greater confidence in their ability to be good mothers
- Mothers with doulas are more satisfied with their relationship with the father of the baby six weeks after birth.
- Mothers with doulas experience more affectionate bonding with their baby.
- Mothers with doulas have more positive assessments of their babies.
If you live in Perth, Western Australia, and want to know more about my services as a postnatal doula please click here.